Monday, December 30, 2013

Some quotes I found....

Some quotes I found while preparing for my talk on Sunday about how to build a Zion people....not necessarily material I used, but still good things to remember.

Elder Packer, Oct 1998: There are things vital to the well-being of a family which can be found only by going to Church. There is the priesthood, which empowers a man to lead and bless his wife and children, and covenants which bind them together forever.
 
I have studied much in the scriptures and have taught from them. I have read much from what the prophets and apostles have spoken. They have had a profound influence upon me as a man and as a father.
 
But most of what I know about how our Father in Heaven really feels about us, His children, I have learned from the way I feel about my wife and my children and their children. This I have learned at home. I have learned it from my parents and from my wife’s parents, from my beloved wife and from my children, and can therefore testify of a loving Heavenly Father and of a redeeming Lord.
 
Presiding Bishopric member Keith McMullin, Oct 2002: Principles of love, work, self-reliance, and consecration are God given. Those who embrace them and govern themselves accordingly become pure in heart.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Dad!!!!!! We all love and miss Grandpa!

No comments: