Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Southwest Eggrolls

I made these Southwest eggrolls tonight for dinner. They are amazing. To make it even more simple, I just substituted the chopped red pepper, green chilis, and cayanne pepper flakes for medium salsa. The kids really liked it, and so did Brady and I. I made them just on my stovetop griddle. Knowing what I know now, we would not have gotten rid of that small George Foreman grill we got for a wedding present. Didn't have much use for it then, but we could sure use it now! Because I don't have a grill or pannini press, my rolls didn't look as pretty, but the flavor was excellent. We dipped them in sour cream and more salsa. And there's leftovers for tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Alayna said...

We make these quite a bit. We also gave away our gorge foreman, but I use a pan filled with beans to weigh the rolls down. I have a gallon bag that holds the beans and that is all those beans are for. The avocado ranch sauce is good, but is goes bad quick, so we also use salsa and sour cream.

The Robinson Family said...

That looks tasty, as for getting rid of your George Foreman grill, that's a bummer we love ours we use it for everything! We even make bacon, and breakfast sausage on it. It's excellent for crunchy grilled cheese sandwiches, and also warming up garlic toast ( you know the frozen stuff) we also use it for quesadillas or grilled wraps, they are always on sale around Christmas time, maybe you should ask Santa for one this year :)