Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2 weeks of birthday fun

Smiths 350 NASCAR truck series
 We got some free tickets from Smiths Food for the truck race out at the motor speedway on the 15th. We went to celebrate Zenock's 5th birthday.

Cleaning up a wreck
  Just to the left of this picture is where Dan Weldon died in an accident in the Indy 500 race the following day. It was a huge trouble spot for the trucks too. The whole race there were 11 caution flags thrown up all in the first half of the race. It seemed everyone was having a hard time staying off the wall.

  We found the King's number. They were both super excited.
Batman cake. Zenock inspected my work and said, "oh wow, that's cool mom!"
 I think I should submit this cake to the cake wrecks blog. I had a horrible homemade frosting experience. And no backup option, so this is what Zenock got. He loved it though, so that's what counts. He turned 5!



And he is in love with Batman. He got a Batman shirt and jammies and he would wear them every day if I let him.


How old are you? 5!


Batman cupcakes for joint friend party
Frosting experience was much better this time, but I just couldn't get it to go black.

At the park with all their friends. Since both birthdays are so close together we did a friend party for them together too. They each got to invite their own friends, and they loved it. I was really happy a couple of Mom's decided to stay and help because Brady was home with napping Gideon, so he couldn't help me like I had planned.



awesome super hero capes made by my friend Melonie

Monster trucks vs. Army. Ammon's idea
 If I had my way I would have done green men vs. brown men, but he insisted the monster trucks were the bad guys. It's his birthday, so I gave up. The sand is actually crushed grahm crackers.

He's 7!


Bullring at LV motor speedway. We got to go for free, and saw some cool crashes.
 We got into this race for free on Ammon's birthday because the previous race we went too had a canceled demolition derby. It was fun to watch all the mini cars and late models racing. We had to leave right before the final race started because Gideon fell asleep. I love going to the races, and so do my men.

Qualifying laps are done and everyone is lined up for the big finals race.


Last race for the mini cars. These were so small we didn't need our earplugs.

1 comment:

Alayna said...

You will never get frosting a true black using food coloring. Although the kids' mouths turn black and they love it. You have to buy the frosting already black to get that color. Or you could use marshmallow fondant.