Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Friends

I just had a thought, and I think I should write it down.
I have two good friends here in Las Vegas who are from different countries. One is from Germany, and I have known her for just over a year. Brady and I introduced her to the LDS missionaires, and she was baptized last June. The other is a wonderful woman from Israel. She moved here a few months ago from California, but lived most of her life in Israel. Tomorrow moring she is delivering her second child, and I am really really excited for her. I never would have thought in a million years that I - a sheltered Idaho Mormon girl - would ever have friends from different nationalities. This truely is one of the things I love about living here. I have so many fun and unique opportunities that I never would have been able to experience had we stayed in Eastern Idaho. It's another testimony builder to me that we are where the Lord needs us, and we are here for a reason. There is a purpose to everything we do, and I am thankful to know I don't have to do the hard stuff alone.

1 comment:

Melonie said...

that is super awesome. so glad you are here being such a great influence on others!