Sunday, August 21, 2011

A little bit on everyone

Gideon is growing up so fast lately. He finally figured out how to sit up without tipping over, pushing himself up to a sitting position from his tummy, and crawling. This all happened within about a week span 2 weeks ago. He was crawling the week before he turned 7 months. However, I say crawling, but he does a lot of inchworm movements still, and he is pretty slow......but he has learned he can come looking for me when I am not by him. Last night he came into the kitchen so see what I was doing, and he headed straight for the open dishwasher. Also yesterday, he was playing with the kitchen chairs and somehow grabbed the bar across the legs and stood up on it. He was a little freaked out because he couldn't go anywhere while hanging on to the chair, but he didn't know how to let go either. I got a picture, but it's still on the camera.

Ammon starts first grade on the 29th. He says he is a little nervous. I am looking forward to getting a regular routine again when he's in school all day. He is really excited to take a lunch to school, and he has a really great teacher, so I've heard from other parents in our ward. I have a goal to teach him to tie shoes by his birthday in October, and he has started to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels. He's been bugging me and Brady to take them off for a while, so we finally did, but it was SO hot that day he first tried it out. After his birthday - unless it actually cools off enough before then - we will work with him more and get him going. He does really well until he has to turn.

Zenock has yet to figure out that when Ammon is in school all day that means he has no buddy to play with.......which probably means I will end up being his sole entertainment because since he has Ammon with him most of the time, Ammon provides the entertainment and iniciates (I have no idea how to spell that word) most of the pretend play. One of my friends in our ward wants to start an art/music preschool when school starts, so Zenock will be going to that one day a week. I have been working with him on learning how to write his name, but it's tough because he gets bored with it very quickly and says it's too hard. He has very little focus ability I have noticed. It does concern me a little if he doesn't get somewhat better by the time he goes to school next year.

Brady finally got a permanent post in the dispatch/control office at the main NV Energy building. His job is to watch about 50 cameras and record when other employees call in every 2 hours to say everything is normal/they are still awake. He also responds to alarms at all the stations, and calls the boss when guard requests are placed by linemen. He LOVES his job there because starting September 1st he will be switching his shift to nights every day, and that means he can go back to school. He starts his online program at American Military University on October 3rd. He is going for his MS in Security Management. He has about 4 hours every day to do homework at work, so he should not have to do much, if any, at home. He is very excited that he finally found something that intrests him and that would help him further his career in security.

I have been trying to figure out ways to promote my Herbalife business, and it is slow going. Both Brady and I love their products, especially since he has lost 35 pounds so far. I am excited to get on the products next month so I can finally say goodbye to those extra 30 that stuck around after Ammon was born. I was nervous about starting the program at first since I am still nursing, but as long as I make sure to take my vitamins and eat healthy I should do just fine. I have heard that women take longer to lose the weight than men, so I wonder how long it will take me to lose my 30. They are doing a promotion right now to try the meal shake for $4.95. If you are thinking about losing weight, you should check it out. http://www.herbalifesuccesstoday.com/. I was at a Herbalife conference on August 13th and so many people shared their stories about losing weight, reducing and eliminating medications for heart conditions, high blood pressure, rhematoid arthritis, osteoperosis, diabetes, cholesterol, sleep apnea, and the list goes on. I am just so amazed how many people got up there to share their story. Herbalife has wonderful supplements to help people maintain a healthy lifestyle. We have great prices on calcium, joint, ocular, heart, fiber, and vitamin supplements. Feel free to check out my shopping website, http://www.skinnierumall.com/. I started this business because I have been looking for something to do with my health education degrees for a long time. I wanted something that would not only help my family be healthier, but my friends as well. I know these products work if you stick to the program, and I hope you will take the time to check it out and give it a try for you and your family. I am excited to keep you up to date on my weightloss journey!

No comments: