Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whole wheat bread recipe

Here is a pretty good bread recipe.

3 cups warm water
1/3 cup applesauce
1/3 cup honey
3 T yeast
1 T salt
3 T vital wheat gluten
3 T dough enhancer
5-6 cups whole wheat flour

Mix first 7 ingredients together until well blended using Kitchenaid mixer and paddle. Add wheat flour until dough clean sides and bottom of bowl. Switch to dough hook. Knead dough on medium speed for 8 minutes. Divide dough in two and shape into loaves. Put in greased bread pan and let raise until double in size. Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes.

My kitchen was cold today, so it didn't raise as much as I wanted it too, but it still tastes good. And that's what really counts right? I think if I keep making bread every week I'm going to wear out my mixer by the end of the year. The poor thing is older than me, so I guess that's okay, but I'm gonna miss it when it's gone. I wonder if I can find a bigger size in lime green. Wouldn't that be awesome? I would love to be able to make like 4 or 5 loaves of dough at the same time.

1 comment:

kalina said...

it's snowing here in Idaho, and you say your kitchen was cold! it's FREEZING here!