Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Happy baby

One would never guess this happy baby cried for over five hours today due to his acid reflux. The doctor switched his Rx because Zantac wasn't working. She gave him Prevacid, which can only be mixed up in liquid form at one special pharmacy in town. He has been using it since Saturday night, and I haven't felt like there has been much improvement yet. I'm not sure how long it will take to get into his system so the reflux isn't bothering him as much every time he eats. It's been a real struggle the last week and a half to get this guy to eat more than two ounces at a time. His appetite is quite small, which is most likely due to the pain he experiences every time the acid comes back up. In any case, I have tried a few different things to help him. Today a friend suggested giving him a baby probiotic. I found some at Sprouts tonight. He had one dose in his bottle at 9pm and then started smiling and being happy. He has been hanging out with me the last hour just talking, smiling, and being content...which he has not experienced ALL DAY! (And he just fell asleep as I am writing this.) I am so happy that he is finally happy. I really, really hope tomorrow is a better day for this cute dude. He needs to increase his eating volume so he can keep gaining weight like he needs too.

No comments: