Monday, February 8, 2016

Trying a different feeding method

Today it occurred to me that I could water down baby food and put it in Rydon's bottle. I tried mixed veggies first....he hated it. The next time I tried a jar of banana carrot mango. He wasn't happy with it at first, but I insisted he lay down and drink it. He eventually relaxed and drank the whole bottle. I think this is how I am going to do solid foods from now on for him. I have no problem sitting on the couch feeding him baby food from a bottle. It's MUCH LESS MESSY!!! Tomorrow I'm planning to try carrots because I know he loved them the way I used to feed him. I really hope doing solid food this way helps him get a good taste of regular food so that when his palate surgery is all healed up he will love eating at the table with us. He has ear tubes put in next Friday, the 19th. Palate surgery is scheduled for March 25th!!

No comments: