Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all who read my blog - most especially my parents and siblings. I miss you guys a lot.

This Thanksgiving is going to be a weird one for me because Brady was asked yesterday to work all day today. (I really do love his job, but sometimes the on-call stuff isn't fun). He works from 6am to 5pm today and then has to go back to work from 1am to 6am Friday morning. So he is missing his family's holiday dinner today, and he won't be able to come with me to go Black Friday shopping tonight either.

Now I am REALLY glad I found a couple in our ward who is willing to watch movies at my house while Brady is asleep and going back to work before I get back. That means Santa can still get the couple of things for the boy's that are really on sale! I do wish my sister could come with me again this year though. She's come with me every year for the past 4 or 5 years, and we have so much fun!

Today is the first day I have had to turn on my heater. It was so cold when we got up this morning - like 60* in the house - and outside right now it is 36*. It feels even more cold to me though because last week we were in the 70's all week. It feels like October, not November.

Yesterday I made some pies and rolls for today's dinner. I had intense trouble with my crust, again. Maybe I just need 20 years of practice to get it right like my mom does...or maybe I just really can't make pie crust from scratch. I hope they taste better than they look!! I know the rolls are good (I had only one, but Brady had 4!), and I am making another batch this morning so that everyone can have more than one or two for dinner. I know I love to munch on rolls all the time, so I figure it's better to have a lot than not enough.

Tomorrow (maybe even today) we are decorating our Christmas tree. I have had it up for almost 2 weeks because I wanted to make sure it will be okay in the spot I picked. I do have to find and replace at least one bulb on my tree this year - pretty good considering this is the 5th year for my tree and I haven't had any branches not lit until this year. And in a few minutes we are going to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Holiday season, here we come!!

No comments: