Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools

In honor of April Fools day, I put googly eyes on things in the fridge - the kids got a kick out of their water bottles having eyes that wiggle. I also made homemade donuts, and swapped one sugar coated one - per kid - for a salt coated one. Ammon didn't think it was funny at all, and he actually cried for a second. Zenock just said they tasted weird, like they had salt on them. And lastly, I taped the bottom of their straws so they couldn't drink their chocolate milk. After that they asked several times if that was the last joke. 'No more jokes, Mom,' they said. I'm so proud that this year I actually did something. Next year Brady and I really, really want to plant some donut seeds a few days before and have a donut tree on April 1st. I think they would really like that.
All the pranks remind me of the time my dad made pancakes for one April Fools breakfast. He cut up a wash cloth and put pieces inside each pancake so we couldn't cut them. That was the best prank ever.

On another note, I have been really busy getting sewing projects out of the way before I start losing my sleep in 7 weeks from now. I made 2 baby quilts, one for my daughter and one for a friend's first girl. I made each of the boys a floor cushion to sit on when watching tv or playing games. I got tired of them fighting over the rocking chair all the time because someone was always in the way.  Gideon likes to carry his around the house and throw it behind his head.  Yesterday I made the boys matching ties for Easter. This tutorial I found on pintrest was super easy, and it was easy to modify the length for each of the boys. I also discovered yesterday how nice it is to have a stash of fabric reminants from the discount bin at Joann's.  I remembered last night that a niece's birthday was coming up next week, so I just looked at my pile and decided what projects I had enough fabric for. I made her a pillowcase, doll comforter, and doll pillow out of coordinating fabric. When I was little my mom made fun 'girl' stuff for me all the time, so I hope Izabella likes her matching present. Another project I have started, but not finished, is a cute purple dress for my daughter....I have 7 weeks to finish it. I also knocked out converting 4 pairs of pants into shorts for my boys, and I still have to do some hemming on a pair of capri's I cut off for myself. How's that for project overload? I'll post pictures of all these fun things at a later date. I am waiting for a new computer to come from Costco before I do any camera dumping. This old one is just driving me nuts for stuff like that. And so that's why there has been a lack of pictures the last several months. Computer viruses, broken keyboards, burned out wireless cards, and incompatability problems are not for the faint of heart.....hahaha.

2 comments:

Lifes Little Adventures said...

Keiza, You blow me away! I am just now finding time to do things, and even then it has to be small projects....*sigh* Thank you for some fun ideas though! I am glad to hear everything is going great for you!

Mikki said...

Wow!!!! You've been a busy mama!!
Love the April Fools pranks. I need to get with the program.

I'm dying to see pics. Can't wait till you post them. Don't forget to do it!! I'm dying to see the floor cushions. Sounds like a fabulous idea.