Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Miracle" Bread

I found this supposedly amazing bread recipe on Pintrest a while back. Today I finally had all the stuff to make it (thanks to Winco's bulk food section). I would not call this miracle bread by any means, but that's what it's called in the recipe. Mine didn't rise (those of you who know about my history with this will not be suprised) nearly as much as it should have, so it is super dense. The texture is weird because of all the different grains in it: crunchy, chewy, and almost bird seed-like. Perhaps if I would have followed the recipe to the letter it would have turned out better, but I have my doubts. I completely omitted the oil because the dough was definitely wet enough without it. I also put in another cup of whole wheat flour instead of one cup of white flour. I guess the next time I'll make this bread the "right" way and see how it turns out.

No comments: