Friday, July 27, 2012

Pepsi cake

So, I love Pepsi. I love the taste, I love the smell, I love all flavors I have tried that aren't diet (Pepsi next is really good), it goes so well with pizza and breadsticks, and it's a comfort food for me. When it comes on sale for less than a dollar per 2 liter I buy some. However, with my last two kids, I have not been able to drink it because I figured out the caffiene comes through my breast milk which makes the babies not go to sleep at night like they should. So I have a couple of bottles in my garage that I cannot enjoy. On pintrest last week I came across a recipe for a Dr. Pepper cake, and since I had Pepsi in my garage, I decided to make this cake and use my beloved soda instead. It turned out really, really good. The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of 1/2 cup of oil. I hate putting oil in cakes. The less fat in desserts, the better in my opinion.

No comments: