Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Events

We survived!!!! Brady and I just fininshed another quarter (10 week period) of graduate school. Now I only have two more classes and a research proposal to do and then I will be done with formal education for the rest of my life. I decided that I am infected with an extreme case of senioritis because I have no ambition to get things done (as far as homework is concerned) anymore. Last week was quite overwhelming for me because I had two 3-4 page assignments due, two 250 word essays, and a 15 page paper all due by Friday at 5 p.m. I turned in my last thing Saturday afternoon, so now I can finish all the projects I have been meaning to get to before Christmas.


Saturday the kids had a primary activity since our ward doesn't do a family Christmas party. They decorated cookies and had pizza for lunch. Both the kids made such a mess, but they really enjoyed eating what they made. As for the Christmas party, well it's only for adults and it is pretty much like a Sacrament Meeting program with Sunday dress and a catered dinner. We haven't ever gone to this, and there are many, many families who have kids and choose not to go. It's really frustrating because Christmas is for the kids, not adults. I am just itching to be the next activities director so I can have the opportunity to do a family party and forget the dumb adults only tradition. We'll just have to wait and see on that.

The last huge event was letting the boys help Brady shovel the driveway yesterday. In the last two days we have had about 3 inches of snow, and man is it cold today!! They had so much fun playing and eating the snow. At least until Ammon accidentally dumped snow on Zenocks face. So I took ZZ inside to warm up, and it took him a long time to calm down. Apparently he only likes snow on his face if he puts it there himself.

No comments: