Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gideon is here!

We got to the hospital at 5:30 am on Friday, the 14th. We were pretty much prepped and ready to go into surgery by 6:30, but we had to wait for me to get more IV fluid, and surgery was scheduled to start at 7:30 am. We ended up waiting for the doctor to get there because he was delivering a baby at another hospital. Gideon Omner Lindsay was born at 8:46 am. He is 17.5 inches long, and weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounces. He is my shortest, fattest baby so far! He is an excellent eater, and we are so glad he is in our family. We got to come home this afternoon from the hospital. I am glad to be home, and I am also glad to get to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Getting ready in the surgery prep room.

I thought of the show Tommy Boy when Brady was putting on his surgery costume. The line, "fat man in a little coat" kept coming to mind, even though it wasn't too small for him.

We're all hooked up and ready to go.

Gideon about 2 minutes old. I love the look on his face. Of course it was because just before that he was still snug as a bug and had to be so rudely taken out of his warm, yet cramped home.

Ammon was so excited to finally get to hold him.

It took a lot of coaxing to get Zenock to hold Gideon. He just wanted to look at him. But now he askes to hold him all the time. So he is apparently over his babyphobia.

I took some really cute pictures of the little munchkin. In this one I thought he woke up because he was hungry, but he didn't want to eat. So I just held him and he fell back asleep on my lap.

And later he was awake for a little while, so I wanted to get some pictures with his eyes open. He was moving his mouth around a lot, so he looks like he is smiling.

3 comments:

Alayna said...

So do your kids crowd you when you nurse like they did to me when we brought Chloe home? I still think that that is funny because Drake could have cared less about what I was doing, but your kids were right there investigating.

Keiza said...

totally. both of them were doing it this morning. drvies. me. crazy. and zenock always wants to touch him. and wants me to wake him up so he can play with him. he doesn't get that gideon is still too small to play yet.

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Congrats! He is a beautiful boy! Such an adorable face too! Good work!