Thursday, September 6, 2012

I love my kids, I really do

Today has been a little frustrating. Ammon played the wii before school without permission, while I was getting ready. Granted, he did his chore and was all ready for school before he played. BUT when I said it was time to turn it off and go to school he ignored me and kept playing. I went over and just turned the game off. He got soooooo upset with me and was trying to reason why he didn't stop playing right when I said. Seriously? I am the Mom!!!! On top of that, he didn't add a player for Zenock either, and he wanted to play too. Ammon has had a real "teenager" attitude lately and I've had enough!! I don't understand where his bad manners come from, nor his negativity all the time. We have limits at our house....always have, always will.....so why this terrible behavior? I wish I knew how to switch his attitude. It does make me wonder if this is the calm before the storm of real teenagerhood.

I am also frustrated with Gideon today. While I was feeding Ayla he discovered he can reach into the kitchen junk drawer where I keep things out of sight that he can't have.........like gum. And he trotts right over to me with an open package of gum and starts unloading it. Before I knew it he had a piece in his mouth and was unwrapping more. I don't have a safe place for anything anymore!!!! I guess it's too much to expect him to be quiet and content with Gideon appropriate things while I take care of his little sister.

2 comments:

Lifes Little Adventures said...

Sorry you had such a rough day. I hate those days when I have to pull my mom card, but I promise you they will respect you for it later. And I have to say that I think Gideon and Caleb would be besties, it might be good there is distance between us, there would be all sorts of chaos with them together...lol! I hope tomorrow is better to you...(((hugs)))

Melonie said...

they make child lock things you know. i'm about to go buy one for my fridge! Caleb just learned how to open it. so annoying!