Sunday, June 15, 2014

Funny Dads

This is what he says at the end:

 Dear Steve, I’m sorry for being so flippant last evening in front of your friends and associates, just for a laugh. I know you didn’t take it seriously, but I wish I could have said something like this: “My experience with music and my children had its challenges, but there were some very exciting and thrilling moments. With Steve it happened around age 15 when he began to show some surprising elements of talent. These included the relative ease with which he began to compose some simple but delightful music with the computer, and his natural sense of rhythm with the drums, which now are evident in his musical performances. It was also evident that he was a natural performer evidenced by school plays he starred in. It was a type of transformation that was unique in our family and one I observed with amazement. I began to recognize not only his mother’s musical genes but his grandfathers “performers” genes. I have continued to marvel the development of these and other qualities he has manifest through his experiences and his willingness to try new things and explore new ideas. He’s met adversity with dogged determination and not let discouragement stop his progress and has learned through each experience, in various aspects of his life, not allowing disappointment to stop him. My memories of music and Steve are marvelous, including string quartet sessions, private recitals in the home, string camp, and now performance after performance of wonderful music that is exciting to see as well as to hear.” By this time my listeners would have fallen asleep or wandered away, but I would not have embarrassed myself with foolish chatter.
Your admiring father and greatest fan,
Love, Dad

So, I want to say to the world on this Father's Day, thank you DAD! Thanks for helping us when we asked, and when we don't ask you just jump in and offer assistance anyway. I am trying my best to raise my boys to do the same. I love that you are such a hard worker, always willing to serve others. Thanks so much for helping me with my crafty stuff yesterday, and for the assistance in doing more in the future. I love that my kids love their Grandpa and ask to go to his house all the time. We are all sooooo happy you came to visit us this weekend. LOVE YOU DAD!!

No comments: