Saturday, December 4, 2010

What's in a name?

I think we finally decided on a name for this little man. Until further notice his name is going to be Gideon. He doesn't have a middle name yet, so if you have a suggestion I am welcome to it. He is getting bigger by the day, and moving all the time. The other day I swear he hardly had a nap because he seemed to be pretty busy having a dance party in there or something all day. It was fun to feel. I went to the doctor yesterday, and I am scheduled for a C-section on January 14th.

Since the boy's birthdays are 10 days apart, and Brady and Gideon's will be 10 days apart, the next baby we have has to be born on August 19th so I can have a birthday buddy 10 days from me too....but I hope to never be in my third trimester during the summer. We shall see in the coming years though.

Today we have plans for something fun for the kids. We are taking them to see Santa. He's going to be at RC Willey this afternoon, and the guy who is playing him is in our ward. I hope the kids don't freak out. It's been a hit and miss with that the last few years. I think Ammon will be okay, but I wonder about Zenock. A few weeks ago we sent letters in the mail to Santa, but have yet to get a response. I know in Idaho Falls he will write back to the kids, and I was hoping for that here. Maybe this week or next he'll send them a letter. I think the kids would love to get a letter from Santa just for them. I guess if one doesn't come in the next 2 weeks I can write one up and stick it in the mail to ourselves.

And now I have a gripe moment. I have started looking for a crib. Thanks to people who don't know how to put them together properly, and poor parental supervison, I cannot get a crib with a drop-down side anymore. What are we short people supposed to do? Dump the kid in the bed since we can't reach all the way to the bottom for a gentle lay down? It's frustrating because (in my humble opinion) this has come about because people today are more lawsuit happy than ever before. It seems with everything that goes wrong, it's always someone else's fault and there should be punative damages paid. SO DUMB!!! In light of that, I could get a step stool to use every day (and have the other boys run off with it when I need it most), or just suck it up and grow a few inches. I have noticed though, that a lot of the cribs are made a lot lower than they used to be, so the rails are better for bending over to put a kid to sleep. I guess my main concern is can I reach well enough when the crib is on the lowest setting? Anyway, that's my rant. Thanks for listening.

No comments: