Saturday, April 30, 2011

Parenting success

Today was a parenting triumph, in my opinion. We are constantly reminding our boys to turn off the light in their room. Today I had had enough. So I reminded them to turn it off again, and then I said, "If the light gets left on again, I will take out the lightbulb so you don't have a light anymore." Well, guess what happened not even 30 minutes later? Yep, the light was ON! I then asked Brady to take out the light, and they heard me. He actually had a better idea...to just trip the breaker for their room so we aren't still wasting electricity when the lightbulb is out.

And then the wailing and knashing of teeth began! Oh my, you should have been a fly on the wall! I was trying soooo hard not to laugh. I seriously had to bite my lip. I just absolutely love finding a punishment that fits the crime perfectly. What a better consequence is there for leaving the light on than having no light at all anymore? I hope after having no light,night light, or fan privilages for a few days fixes the problem.

P.S. Whoever invented the swivel sweeper is a GENIUS!! I now have my boys taking turns cleaning all my tile daily! How awesome is that? (especially since they are the ones that drop food and crumbs on the floor at every meal) I won't have to drag out my broom ever again!!! And I have one less household chore to do. WAHOOO!!

No comments: