Sunday, January 6, 2013

New schedule is rough so far

Early this morning Ammon woke me up because he had a bad dream. Then 5 minutes later Ayla woke up. Then Gideon came in a while after that. Then Zenock came in saying he was hungry. THEN Ayla woke up again. This all happened from 4-6am. I finally got to go back to sleep around 6:30, right before Brady came home. Everyone was up and rambunctious by 7:45. Since the church schedule changed to 11-2pm for this year I had ALL morning to keep them busy and quiet so Brady wouldn't wake up early from the noise. It was hard, and I was extra grumpy because of lack of sleep. It's really really hard to be a happy mom when I sleep for four hours, get up for 2.5, and then sleep again for one hour. I know you all are saying I should go to bed earlier. And I was in bed at 11pm, but unable to fall asleep for a long time.

Church was fine, but I was concerned the last two hours for Gideon because his nap time is from 12-2 most days. I've been trying the whole Christmas vacation to push his nap back a while so church wouldn't be such a shock. He did fine I guess, no bad reports from the nursery leaders....and since I took him some lunch to eat during Sacrament meeting, he was able to come right home from church and take a nap. I got a Sunday nap too, and thanks to earplugs and kids sleeping at the same time I slept for 2.5 hours. It was awesome and very needed, but now I will have a hard time going to sleep tonight....again. And so the cycle repeats.

Someday I know I will get to sleep all night without interruption. That time can't come soon enough for me. And then people say I will be up at night worrying about my teenagers, and my kids while they are away at school, and the grand kids, etc, etc, etc. Although that may or may not be true, I still wish I had a houseful of older, more independent children instead of needy kids who don't let me sleep.

2 comments:

Melonie said...

Gideon did do well in nursery. :) I was worried about the group getting extra tired but I only had one super sleepy tired girl in the bunch. Hopefully it will be that well all the time! ;)

Keiza said...

I hope everyone keeps doing well in there. You're a great leader!!!