Saturday, August 28, 2010

Food, mmmm!

The other day I found a really easy recipe for pork chops. It's from the Betty Crocker website, and if you want something a little different with pork chops, you should try it.

2 medium or large pork chops
4 potatoes cubed
2 cups carrots cut up
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chicken or beef broth
salt and pepper to taste

Coat skillet with oil/butter/or cooking spray. Cook chops on each side until brown (2-3 minutes per side). Add broth, veggies, and desired seasonings. Bring broth to boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Veggies should be tender and pork no longer pink, but not tough.

My kids complained about something new for a minute, and then ate like champs. I was really suprized. It was so easy, and I was able to do other things than babysit the stove. Last night we made pizza. I let the boys make their own. I even let them choose what shape to have their dough in...and they loved it. They got to put on whatever toppings they wanted, however much they wanted. And then they ate their pizza so fast! It was kind of a pain to cut out the shapes and supervise the toppings, but I think it was worth it because they really like to "help" in the kitchen. This was one way they could and I wouldn't have to redo it later.

No comments: