Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rain, finally!

Today's weather was AWESOME! It rained before we got up this morning, and then I thought it was done for the day. While Ammon was at school the clouds rolled in, and by 4pm it was raining again...or should I say pooring! I love it! Temperatures have been in the 60's today, and it's so nice to have a break from the warm weather. To honor the weather we had clam chowder for dinner. Zenock LOVED it! So anytime I can find a food he actually eats, and eats quickly, I get really excited. It's dumb, but just one of those rare things I look forward to. Here's the recipe. It's adapted just a little from my favorite one my mom makes.

2 cans clams
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
3-4 potatoes cubed in bite-sized pieces
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups milk

In pot stir clams, clam juice too, veggies, and salt and pepper. Let simmer. While simmering, in a saucepan combine flour, butter, and milk. Wisk together and keep stirring until thickened. Pour into clam mixture and add more water as needed for desired thickness. Simmer until potatoes are tender. Serve and top with crackers of your choice and shredded cheddar cheese.

Seriously, we started eating less than 30 minutes ago, and EVERYONE is already done. I love it! I wish Zenock would eat like that every day.

No comments: