Sunday, November 3, 2013

Days of Gratitude

This is something Brady wrote today, and I'd like to share it to all who may read here. The context partly comes from our Bishopric getting changed today.

I am thankful for the awesome leadership examples and many great opportunities to serve and help one another in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am thankful for the living Prophet Thomas S. Monson, the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, and the general authorities who stand as witnesses of Christ for the whole world. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to learn from great people like Neil and LuAnn Hahl, Greg Newman, Becca Riding, David W. Hansen, Stephen W. Smith, and so many others in various times of my life. I want to thank great Bishops who served faithfully like Thomas D. Rasch. I am especially thankful for a new bishop who will be the tool in the Lord's hand He needs in Jarad Van Wagoner. But those more visible examples do not negate the work of many other people and valiant servants whose service is less obvious. It is those people, faithfully carrying out their duties, the result of which are often unrecognized and often unknown who are the greatest examples of leadership, to me. We go to work, doing what is asked of us, seeking ways to magnify our callings and find ways to help others in the small and seemingly insignificant ways we can. It is a magnificent blessing to be able to live not for the recognition others give, but the quiet testimony that builds in the heart that the Lord accepts your service. I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to serve when and where I am able, however I am able, to do my small and simple part to bring forth the Kingdom of God on the earth. I am also VERY grateful to not be in Jarad's, Allen's, or Michael's shoes right now!

If you are not a member of our faith, please check out mormon.org for answers to questions you many have.

No comments: